Wednesday 31 March 2010

Observational drawing using inks. I chose to use brown ink as it wasn't so harsh on the paper. It was like drawing with a mid-tone and I really like the way it has turned out.

In the first image you can see I have drawn a man who was sitting reading a book on his lunch break. He was wearing a funny hat around his head so he seemed a good character to draw. You can also see an image of an eye. This is my eye, I used a mirror in front of me to draw from observation as we weren't meant to be using photographs or other imagery.

In the 2nd image used 3 lads as my subject. One was wearing a cap, so it gave me something different to draw. The other had well groomed facial hair, which gave a lot of personality to the drawing, and the 3rd had a small, neat afro hair cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment